Monday, January 9, 2012

About Us

Adam and I live in Oxford with our beautiful soon-to-be two year old daughter Charlotte Gwynne.  We have lived in Oxford all our lives and aren't planning to leave anytime soon, although anyone not from Oxford may think we are nuts for that!  We love the small town life where our only traffic woes are passing horse and buggies without running over the poo, making sure you have at least 5 miles of gas in your car at all times because that's how close the gas station is, and enjoying the fresh smell of manure!   

Each day we are amazed at what our daughter teaches us, how she makes us laugh uncontrollably, and shows us that love is the most amazing feeling.  As I start on this blog adventure of updating you about our daily happenings, I hope that I can keep you entertained, give you some good ideas, or even give you a five minute break from work...either way, I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

So here goes...my first story about our dinner adventure.  Dinner time in our house is usually a time of laughter.  Mostly Adam and I are trying to discipline our daughter without letting her see us laugh at what she is doing.  Tonight was no different.  Adam had to work late, so dinner was just the two of us.  As we sat down for a nice meal of stir fry chicken and vegetables, rice and bread (Charlotte's favorite), I quickly realized that I was going to loose this battle simply because I gave her half a plate of rice!  Half way through dinner, Charlotte decided that she no longer wanted to use her silverware or her fingers.  In fact, picking up her plate and eating right off of it like a dog would suffice for this meal!  As I tried, of course unsuccessfully, to get her to use her silverware, I couldn't help but laugh as I was reminded of A Christmas Story and  "show me how the piggies eat".  So I sucked it up and avoided a useless battle as we laughed together and she ate off of her plate.  I know, most are probably judging me for this, but as a parent of an almost two year old I have quickly learned to pick my battles...so this one goes to Charlotte...well played little one!

1 comment: